Sunday 26 November 2017

Daily Post - November 26 - Looking forward to & back at Boxing Day

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rumimume/
Pic-of-The-day


Pic-of-The-day - "Leaf & Berry".
We're in the thick of it now.  Christmas is really in full swing for the next month.

In one month it will be Boxing day, Christmas day will be past and that magical week between Christmas and New years will have begun.

Boxing Day (or St. Stephen's Day) is usually a good day for me.  It's a day off work, that consists of old movies, new gifts, lots of snack, & a little reading. If I'm very lucky... not much else.

The week between the holidays was great when I was a kid. It was toys & candy, Pajamas & TV, records & board games. The tree was up and the outdoor lights where on at night. It seemed like time had stopped.

In fact I remember thinking, at one point, that the old year ended on Christmas and the New one Started on January 1st so the time in between didn't belong to either. I knew enough to think "that must make a lot of trouble for banks & jobs and things"  but,  that was for someone else to worry about. I just had to flip over the Julie Andrews record & sneak another chocolate ball from the bowl on the stereo.

Click Subscribe and never miss a post.

Want to see more?
I'm also on TwitterRedbubble, Flickr, VimeoYouTube, & Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment