Thursday 11 October 2018

How I Halloween | #5 Local Events


Local Events 


October is a great time of year for outdoor special events. The sun is usually less punishing (especially since most these are at night) and the air is fresh and invigorating. Rain can be a pain but, if you prepare for the weather it can add to the spooky atmosphere .

I promised this post would be quick and to the point, so lets get to it.


1) Fort George Ghost Tours
IMHO the best ghost tour around. No costumes, creative writing, jump scares or cheese. Great stories told in the places they are set. This is the bench mark by which I judge all others.

2) Fort Erie All Hallow's Eve
 Nice historical tour with a burning of the Guy at the end. On the down side, every time I've been there (6ish) it's been a step for step, word for word repeat of the times before.  The repetition didn't bother me when the price was very low.  With the new higher ticket price, I 'll probably skip this one for 2018. To be fair, the new ticket price comes with a movie, if that's your thing. Personally I like to watch my Halloween movies (&TV) with a Pumpkin Ale so, this isn't really my venue.

3) Drummond Hill Cemetery Tours
Not scary but informative and a chance to wander around a cemetery on an autumn night without getting in trouble.

4) Bridgeburg Haunted History Tour
 Never Been but, looks interesting.


5) Ridgeway parade
They call it "A long-standing Ridgeway tradition!". As an outsider, have only just learn of it. Now you know as much as I do.

6) Heartland Forrest Pumpkin fest
Something for kids. I would expect this to be you run of the mill community event.  Little kids will like it. Bigger kids will go but, pretend there too cool to like it. High School Kids will go to get volunteer hours and parents will go because it's something to do with their kids.

7) Purple Pentacle Samhain
 One more I don't have nay direct experience with. I I had to guess I'd say could be really cool or kinda lame. Don't think you can tell unless you go but, what do I know.


Next Time...



Recipes. I'll have links and reviews of Halloween recipes and maybe instructions for the Best Carmel Corn Ever (at least my favourite).



To see more of my Fall, Thanksgiving and Halloween photos, browse my Flickr Albums.
I even have a plans for a post dedicated to nothing but Halloween Photos (not all mine).


No comments:

Post a Comment