Wednesday 17 May 2017

PoTd - May 17

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rumimume/
Pic-of-The-day
Pic-of-The-day - "Mourning".

A visit to a local cemetery in Early Spring.

I tried to put of extra thought into this one and use the figure to help convey the emotions associated with loss.
I shot (mostly) from the back to to give a feeling of isolation.
The figure is placed with her face closer to the edge of the frame which is against the usual rules on portraiture. In film this is called short sighting and is used to give a feeling that the subject is trapped which is exactly how grief can make us feel.
Finally I instead of shooting completely from the back I wanted to give us a hint of where her face is to help us connect to her, because we can all experience those feels at some point.

Please let me know what you think, does any of this come through in image?



Click Subscribe and never miss a post.

Want to see more?
I'm also on TwitterRedbubble, Flickr, VimeoYouTube, & Google+.


No comments:

Post a Comment