Saturday 27 July 2019

10 000 buddhas Temple Niagara Falls (2018) - Part Two


Dragons, Monks, Buddhas & Elephants.
 More Pictures from Last summer's visit to the 10 000 buddhas Temple in Niagara Falls.


There where lots of these metal things where dotted around the grounds. To me it seems like it might be a stylized brazier, caldron, incense burner combination.  Different ones had different designs and components. Some had pieces that looked more like pots,  some had sections that where closer to a type of charcoal burner etc.

none seemed to be used for anything,  they looked more symbolic than practical.



Along one wall was a row of stone statues which I thought could be monks.  Each one was different and might of represented different virtues or possibly attachments.I could imagine a meaning for some of them but I can't imagine what these two represent.





 Here are two shots from a tall pagoda type tower covered on all sides with images of what I assume is the Buddha.

 Next up is a very large statue of what appears to be  a mother with two children. I assume she is a type of mother figure and I particularly like the child pulling at her robes. she might be an idealized or representative mother figure, but, the kids doesn't care. The kid just wants her attention, which is kind of endearing.  Who ever designed this has spent time with real kids, which is also reassuring. She was flanked on both sides by a brightly coloured, 2 level gallery with rows of statues
 
The final feature in this blog is a statue of a woman in the lotus position on the back of an elephant.
I believe this was fiberglass, but I can't remember for sure.  

 There where lots of other things and I have lots of other photos from the temple grounds. There's a few more below, but if you want to see the whole set check them out on Flickr.



All in all, I had a pretty good morning at the temple. It's been almost a year and I feel like it's almost time to make another trip to the temple, especially since it's just down the road. Maybe this time, I should do video.  The key would be finding a them or a "through line"  to tie the footage together and make it more like a story and less like a random bunch of footage.  We'll see how it goes.


Click Subscribe and never miss a post.
You can get my "Pic-of-The-day" in your Twitter feed by following @rumimumesf on Twitter.

Want to see more?   I'm also on  Flickr, VimeoYouTube, & Google+.


No comments:

Post a Comment