Tuesday 31 October 2017

PoTd - October 31

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rumimume/
Pic-of-The-day


Pic-of-The-day - "Ghosts of Halloween Past" part 2.

Halloween photo from my childhood in the 70's.


Steve the Leopard


The earliest Halloween photo I have of my self. The room is my grandparents dining room before they installed the harvest gold linoleum & matching floral wallpaper. Ah, the 70's.

I assume the costume is homemade, but I'm not sure.



I don't remember that far back, but I remember the photo always being around. Today I use a version of it for my profile pic on most sites.


 Dad & The Vampires
 
Halloween photo from my childhood in the  70's,  gotta love that station wagon. 

The hoods and capes where home made  by my grandmother and worn for multiple Halloweens by different grandchildren. 

They are very closely associated in my mind with Halloween in general but more specifically with the idea of making Halloween, as opposed the the current view that Halloween is something you buy.







Jen the Witch


Jen posing in our Grandparents living room in front of heavy curtains that where drawn each night before bed and opened again each morning.


I think the witch costume got recycled a few times as well.










 Jen the Ghost

I wonder if we still have any of those Jack-O-Lantern candy buckets.

I like how the ghost is carrying another ghost. Is it like a doll or more like a pet?

 Steve the Swagman

 If I had to guess I'd date this one to around 1979, maybe 1980.

One thing I remember distinctly about this costume is that the blue pieces hanging from the hat, which should be cork, where made from the projectiles of a nerf gun.








Click Subscribe and never miss a post.

Want to see more?
I'm also on TwitterRedbubble, Flickr, VimeoYouTube, & Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment